UNIVERSITY OF COLOMBO SCHOOL OF COMPUTING
The University of Colombo School of Computing will entertain applications from suitable, qualified and confirmed employees in the University Grants Commission and Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes (HEI) for the Post of Management Assistant (Book Keeping) Grade III.
- Should have passed in G.C.E. (Ordinary Level) Examination in six (06) subjects at one sitting with credit passes in
- Sinhala Language/Tamil Language
- English Language or English Literature
- Should have passed in G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination in all the subjects (except the Common General Paper) at one sitting.
- Preference will be given to those who possess the following;
- An acceptable qualification in computer applications of not less than six (06) months duration obtained from a recognized institute.
- Two (02) years of experience in the use of computer application packages.
In addition to the qualifications mentioned above, the candidates should have possessed the post specific qualifications mentioned below.
Post Specific Qualifications:
- The National Certificate for Accounting Technicians of the Sri Lanka Technical College/ College of Technology under the Ministry of Skills Development and Vocational Training or any other equivalent qualification obtained from a recognized institute.
- The C.E. (Advanced Level) qualification should be in the Commerce Stream.
- Should be a citizen of Sri Lanka
- Should be of good character
- Preference will be given to those who are capable to work in Sinhala and English medium
Salary Method: To be implemented from 01.01.2020,
UMN 1 (IIIA) – 30,725 – 17 (300) 35,825 (Monthly).
Salary scale will be applicable to this post.
Will initially be placed at the undermentioned salary scale relevant to 01.01.2019 of the above salary method
UMN 1 (IIIA) – 27,794 – 17 (271) 32,401 (Monthly).
(The above is the salary scale approved for the year 2019 by the Commission Circular No. 17/2016. In addition, allowances approved by the Government would be paid)
Method of Selection:
- By written examination of following subjects;
- Knowledge in Sinhala/Tamil and English language
- Intelligent quotient and general knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Relevant subject area
Method of Application:
Application forms could also be downloaded from the UCSC website https://ucsc.cmb.ac.lk/vacancies/.
Duly completed applications on prescribed forms should be sent under registered post with relevant copies of certificates, indicating the post applied for on the top left hand corner of the envelope to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar, Establishment Division, University of Colombo School of Computing, No. 35, Reid Avenue, Colombo 07, to be received on or before 28th June 2019.
Applicants should channel their applications through the respective heads of their Higher Educational Institutions/ Institutes (HEI).
UCSC reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
Applications which are not fulfilling the required qualifications, incomplete, illegible applications and those received after the closing date will be rejected and they will not be considered again under any circumstance.
University of Colombo School of Computing,
No. 35, Reid Avenue,
Download Application (Sinhala) Download Application (English)