e-Learning Centre (eLC) is one of the six centres of the University of Colombo School of Computing. Although it is a service centre of the UCSC that supports undergraduate, postgraduate and external and extension degree programmes, it has become a national centre during the last decade by providing services for both local and international organizations (www.e-learning.lk). eLC has a dedicated staff who conducts research and development work in e-Learning. On behalf of UCSC, e-Learning Centre is willing to undertake assignments in the domain of e-learning.
Facilitate the digital transformation of teaching-learning process by integrating e-learning practices and thereby contribute towards achievement of the vision of UCSC.
Activities of the eLC are not limited to;
- conducting on-demand staff training programmes on e-learning/blended learning course development, e-facilitation and LMS administration,
- maintaining and administering learning management systems of undergraduate as well as masters degree programmes of the UCSC,
- designing, developing and delivering online courses for the BIT degree programme and FIT Programme,
- providing e-facilitation to online learners of the BIT degree programme and FIT programme,
- diversifying the teaching-learning process to make it more interesting, efficient and contemporary,
- conducting research and development in e-learning to enhance the quality of higher education within UCSC and the country,
- establishing the culture of electronic education to produce high quality blended learning courses and
- supporting the improvement of e-learning infrastructure of the UCSC.
Online Courses Currently Administered by the eLC
- 30 online courses of BIT degree programme (http://vle.bit.lk)
- 218 online/blended learning courses of the internal undergraduate degree programmes of UCSC (http://ugvle.ucsc.cmb.ac.lk)
- 75 online courses of the postgraduate degree programmes of UCSC available in the http://pgvle.ucsc.cmb.ac.lk
- 11 online courses for the FIT certificate programme (http://fit.bit.lk/vle)
- 40 free-online courses for the general public ( http://www.e-learning.lk/vle)
- Supported conducting the short-term training programme on “Computing for Career Development” of CSC
- Conducted LMS Bootcamp: Moodle (LMS based learning content development course for South Eastern University) on 3rd & 4th of April 2019
- Organized a Google Workshop for Academic Staff of the University of Colombo 28th of June 2019 from 8.30AM to 01.00 PM
- Organized a Google Workshop for Administrative Staff of the University of Colombo 28th of June 2019 from 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
- Conducted FIT Revision Workshop on 18th July 2019.
- Conducted FIT Revision Workshop on 24th July 2019.
- Conducted NWSDB (National Water Supply and Drainage Board) workshop on 02nd August 2019.
- Conducted the confirmation test of Management Assistants and Library Assistants for University of Colombo on 05th August 2019.
- Conducted FIT Practical Test on 07th & 08th August 2019.
- Facilitated online course development work of the NWSDB (National Water Supply and Drainage Board) on 09th August 2019.
- Organized FIT workshop for syllabus Reviewing on 20th August 2019.
- Conducted FIT e-Test from 26th to 28th of August 2019.
- Conducted a Moodle LMS-based e-activity development workshop for NWSDB (National Water Supply and Drainage Board) on 06th September 2019.
- Conducted an LMS-based Online Course development workshop for Rajarata University from 16th to 19th September 2019.
- Conducted Articulate based online course content development workshop for NWSDB (National Water Supply and Drainage Board) on 20th September 2019
- Conducted a workshop for reviewing FIT syllabi on 03rd October 2019.
- Evaluated the progress of the online course development work of the NWSDB (National Water Supply and Drainage Board) on 018th October 2019.
- Conducted “Foundation in Information Technology” (FIT) e-Tests and practical tests Developed interactive content for teaching, learning and assessment for the online courses hosted in the VLEs.
- Carried out online selection and recruitment tests for public and private organizations (KPMG, University of Colombo)
- Supported conducting “blended learning” workshops for other faculties in the University of Colombo as capacity development programmes under the UNESCO Funded Blended Learning Project of the University of Colombo.
- Ms. K.M.G.B. Nishakumari BSc (Col) , BIT (Col), MSc (Edinburgh) (Scientific Assistant Grade II) (Team Leader)
- Mr. G.S. Hettiarachchi (LMS Administrator/Software Engineer)
- Mr. T.W.D Lakshan (Instructor/LMS Administrator)
- Ms. T.D.P. Loku Liyanage (Instructor/Instructional Designer)
- Ms. M.B.P. Dissanayake (Instructional Designer)
- Ms. K.K. Amila Nishanthi (Content Developer)
- Ms. H.M.T.L. Perera (Content Developer)
- Ms. P.H Thilakaratne (Management Assistant)
- Ms. G.P.D. Madhushani (Web Developer/Intern)
- Mr. S.D. Senevirathna (Web Developer/Intern)
- Postal Address: e-Learning Centre, University of Colombo School of Computing, No. 35, Reid Avenue, Colombo 7
- Telephone: (+94)-011-2591080
- Fax: (+94)-11-2587239
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org