The UCSC Canteen which is located inside the UCSC building complex, is open for the students during the academic semesters from 7.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. Canteens of the other faculties are also available for the use of UCSC Students.
The management of the canteen is monitored by a canteen committee which comprises senior academics, administrative staff members and student representatives. The committee meets at regular intervals to discuss as well as take actions to improve the canteen service of UCSC. The members of the canteen committee of 2019 are listed below.
- Dr. D.A.S. Atukorale, (Chairperson)
- Dr. (Mrs.) M.D.J.S Goonetillake , Head/ IUD
- Mr. G.P. Senevirathne, Senior Lecturer
- Dr. D.D. Karunarathne, Senior Lecturer
- Dr. (Mrs.) T.A. Weerasinghe, Senior Lecturer
- Ms. H.P. Henegama, DR/ Academic & Publications
- Mr. K.K.K Dharmathilake, DR/ Admin
- Ms. V.G.M. Priyangika, SAB, Finance
- Mr. Sandaruwan, Works Supervisor
- Mr. H.W.C.K. Silva
- Mr. H.R.R. L. Senadeera
- Ms. Chithra Gamage, Caterer
- M.H.T.S Theekshana (2017/CS/016), Student Representative
- G.H.S. Chandimal (2017/IS/086), Student Representative
Since the student canteen is congested during normal hours of operations, a small staff canteen is maintained at the rooftop of the building. Only staff and visitors are allowed to use this cafeteria and the lunch area is also located at the rooftop of the building complex.