The University of Colombo School of Computing offers the following postgraduate degree programmes for the international students;
Taught Master’s Degree Programmes
- Master of Information Security (MIS)
- Master of Computer Science(MCS)
- Master of Science in Computer Science (MSc in CS)
- Master of Information Technology (MIT)
- Master of Business Analytics (MB.Analytics)
- Master of Cybersecurity (MC)
Research Degrees Programmes
Admission for Master’s Degree Programmes;
- The division publishes a newspaper advertisement and web posts calling applications for the respective year of study annually.
- The candidates shall apply online by submitting the application available at the UCSC website (http://www.ucsc.cmb.ac.lk ) and by paying the application processing fee by the specified deadline.
- Successful candidates in the selection process shall register for the programme by paying applicable course fees (Students are required to pay 75% of the course fee at the initial registration and the balance 25% upon the eligibility to register for the second year of study).
Next Intake – 2019/2020:
- Application Deadline – 20th January 2020
- Issuing of Admissions for the Selection Test: 10th February 2020
- Selection Test: 08th March 2020
- Selection interviews: 26th April 2020 and 03rd May 2020
- Inauguration of the new intake: June 2020
Admission for Research Degree Programmes;
- Registrations are open throughout the year.
- Candidates are encouraged to identify a potential supervisor from senior academic staff of UCSC by matching their research interests (At least one of the supervisors should be a permanent academic staff member of UCSC, https://ucsc.cmb.ac.lk/ucsc-staff/academic-staff/).
- Upon the selection of the supervisor(s), the student shall submit the duly completed form (UCSC_PG_F001_Application Form for Registration of MPhil/PhD Degree Programme) along with the following documents for the recommendation of the Research Committee of UCSC and the Board of Study for Research and Higher Degrees.
- Outline research proposal in terms of the following topics;
- Area of research
- Working Title
- Brief Literature Review (with reference to key publications relevant to topic)
- Research Questions(s) (List three key recent journal publications relating to each research question)
- Scope of the study
- Research methodology
- Expected Research Contribution (s) to the Field(s)
- Research Plan and Deliverables (e.g. design, publications etc.)
- Original/ Certified copies of the followings:
- Academic certificates (Non English foreign certificates should be accompanied by an official translation)
- Academic transcripts, including subjects studied and grades achieved (Non English foreign candidates should be accompanied by an official translation)
- Photocopy of the Passport.
- Police Clearance Report
- 3 Passport size photographs
- Fees sponsorship letter from the Sponsor or Funder (if applicable)
- Master’s Degree Programmes – Foreign Candidates
|No||Programme||Master of Computer Science (MCS)||Master of Science in Computer Science (MSc in CS)||Master of Information Technology (MIT)||Master of Information Security (MIS)||Master of Business Analytics (MB.Analytics)||Master of Cybersecurity (MC)|
|1||Registration Fee||For SAARC Countries||US$ 3850||US$ 4000||US$ 2700||US$ 7,000||US$ 3850||US$ 5000|
|For Non SAARC Countries||US$ 4400||US$ 4550||US$ 3300||US$ 9,000||US$ 4400||US$ 6000|
- MPhil/ PhD Degree Programmes – Foreign Candidates
|No||Type of Payment||Fee for PhD||Fee for MPhil|
|1||Application & Processing Fee||US$ 50||US$ 50|
|2||Year Registration Fee||For SAARC Countries – US$ 2000
For Non SAARC Countries – US$ 3000
|For SAARC Countries – US$ 2000
For Non SAARC Countries – US$ 3000