Duration : 04 daysÂ Â (from 9.00am – 5.00pm)
Course Fee for Basic Course: Rs. 29,000/=
The course aims at fulfilling the IT knowledge gap of business executives in Sri Lanka.Â The objective is to capture the breadth of knowledge rather than focusing in depth in each vertical and also to show the relationships of different concepts of IT and Computer Science in common.Â The course topics are listed.Â The course is segmented into Basic, Intermediate and Advanced levels based on the competency of the audience.Â The overall course could be presented in the following delivery structure.
1.Â Â Â BasicÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â – 30 Hours
1.Â Â Â Â IntermediateÂ Â Â Â Â Â – 20 Hours
1.Â Â Â Â AdvancedÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â – 20 Hours
This course would be delivered with the assitance of IdeaHub.
Course Coordinator: Dr Chaminda Ranasinghe
Chief Executive Officer, IdeaHub (Pvt) Ltd.
Web : www.IdeaHub.lk
- Increase awareness in IT technology â€“ theory, concepts and terminology. Understand and talk in technical terms with IT stakeholders.
- Applicability of IT in improving business decision making.
- Improve effective communication among IT and non-IT stakeholders in an organization.
- Realistic IT Planning.
- Aligning IT and Business objectives.
- Selecting the most appropriate system for the purpose â€“ financial, technical, etc.
- Reducing mistakes during IT procurements.
- Improving organizational standards and industry compliance through IT standardization.
- Safe guarding enterprise data.
- Gain an understanding on the responsibilities and limitations of IT roles and personnel in an enterprise.
Introduction to IT and Computer Science
Hardware and Software
Introduction to computer networks
Introduction to computer programming and systems development
Cloud computing â€“ outsource models
Systems Architectures â€“ Tiered, Distributed, Thin-Client, etc.
IT data centers â€“ Capex and Opex Models
IT Applications â€“ Enterprise Application Domains
IT Applications â€“ COTS and Bespoke
Information Systems â€“ Databases
Information security â€“ Firewalls etc.
Web based applications and enterprise usage
IT policies and benefits to an enterprise
Roles and responsibilities of the IT team
Procurement of IT systems
Enterprise IT Planning â€“ Time vs. System life cycles
IT roadmaps and alignment to business objectives
IT budgeting â€“ processÂ and techniques