Terms of Reference
The Quality Assurance (QA) Cell of the University of Colombo School of Computing with a mandate to create a culture that seeks to continually improve the quality of all academic and other activities in the Institute.
2. Committee Composition and Meetings
- Dr. D A S Athukorale, Deputy Director, Head/ Department of Computation and Intelligent Systems (CIS), Head – External and Extension Programmes
- Dr. (Mrs.) M D J S Goonetilleke, Senior Lecturer Gr. I, Head/ Department of Information Systems Engineering (ISE), Head – Undergraduate Degree Programmes
- Dr. G D S P Wimalarathna, Senior Lecturer Gr. I, Head/ Department of Communication and Media Technologies (CMT), Head – Postgraduate Degree Programmes
- Dr. M G N A S Fernando, Senior Lecturer Gr. II, Coordinator – Computer Science (CS) Degree Programme
- Dr. T M H A Usoof, Senior Lecture Gr. II, Coordinator –Information Systems (IS) Degree Programme
- Mr. Viraj Welgama – Senior Lecture Gr. II, Coordinator – Software Engineering (SE) Degree ProgrammeDr.
- Ms. M W A C R Wijesinghe, Senior Lecture Gr. II, Coordinator/CS – Faculty of Science
- Dr. T N K De Zoysa, Senior Lecturer Gr. I, Coordinator – Master of Information Security (MIS) Degree Programme
- H A Caldera, Senior Lecturer Gr. I, Coordinator – Master of Information Technology (MIT) Degree Programme
- Dr. H E M H B Ekanayake, Senior Lecture Gr. II, Coordinator – Master of Computer Science (MCS) Degree Programme
- Prof. G.N. Wikramanayake and Dr. D D Karunaratna, Academic Coordinator of External Degree Programme
- Ms. Prasangika Henegama, Deputy Registrar for Undergraduate Degree Programmes
- Ms. J A M S Wijerathna, Senior Assistant Registrar for Postgraduate Degree Programme
- Ms. S. D. Chandralatha, Senior Assistant Registrar for External Degree Programme
- Ms. D. K. M. Ratnayake, Senior Assistant Registrar for Examination
- Mr. R.N.R. Rajapakse
- Mr. R.J. Amaraweera
Chairperson shall be nominated at the Academic Syndicate and appointed by the Board of Management.
Quorum shall be 50% of the membership.
The Committee shall meet at least once a month. It may also consider matters by correspondence.
D. Terms of Office
Terms of office for appointed members of this committee will be three years.
3. Responsibilities and Duties
- To promote quality enhancement activities within the Institute liaising with Curriculum & Academic Development Committee (or its equivalent), Teaching Learning Committee and other committees in the university.
- To liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance Unit (IQAU) of the University of Colombo, in facilitating the conduct of Institutional Review and Programme Reviews in the Institute.
- To prepare documents necessary for Institutional and Programme Reviews
- To facilitate implementation of follow-up actions recommended in Institution/ Programme/Subject Review reports, and monitor progress in their implementation.
- To liaise with QA Cells in other Faculties/Institutes/Campus within the University of Colombo, to share good practices and enhance the quality of higher education in Sri Lanka.
- To collate and analyse Institute QA data such as peer review forms and student feedback forms.
- To devise and suggest additional QA measures or changes to the existing measures, based on the data collected on various QA indicators such as peer feedback student evaluation reports and external reviews.
4. Responsibilities and Duties of the Chairperson of the Institute QA Cell
- Liaise with the Director, Internal Quality Assurance Unit of the University to coordinate university level Quality Assurance (QA) activities.
- Represent the Institute in all QA related activities.
- Organize Institute level QA meetings.
- Suggest names of members to the Director, to be appointed as domain coordinators or members for each criterion in the Quality Assurance Manuals of the UGC.
- Provide guidance to the domain coordinators and prepare the Institute level Internal QA Report with their support.
- Liaise with professional quality assurance and accreditation bodies on matters pertaining to QA and accreditation, if required.
- Monitor the collation and analysis of Institute level internal QA data such as peer review forms and student feedback forms.
- Work with other related committees and units within the Institute on matters related to QA.
- Answer and address issues related to QA raised by the Institute members in general and by the QA domain coordinators in particular.
- Report the activities of the Institute QA Cell to the Academic Syndicate and IQAU regularly.