The MIT Programme has been designed for those who are interested in obtaining a postgraduate qualification in Information Technology. The applicants without first degree in computing may also apply for this programme if they have been graduated in other discipline other than computing and has other qualifications and/or work experience in Computing. MIT degree programme shall provide a better foundation for a career in the domain of IT and also provides pathways to undertake further studies in computing.
- A Degree from a recognized University or,
- Any other academic or professional qualification judged equivalent to a Degree by the Senate of the University of Colombo.
Duration: Two year part time course of four semesters (15 weeks per semester)
Lecture Time: on Fridays 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm and Saturdays 8.30 am-5.30 pm.
The students are required to complete 25 credits and obtain a minimum GPA of 2.00 in their first year of studies to proceed to the second year of study. The candidates who obtain a minimum GPA of 2.00 and complete 25 credits in their first year of study may opt to obtain Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology as an exit point.
Course Fee: Rs. 300,000/= (candidates are required to pay only Rs. 225,000 at the initial registration and to pay Rs. 75,000 at the beginning of second year if they satisfy the minimum requirements to continue to the second year).
Course fees for Foreign Candidates
- SAARC Countries : US$ 2700
- Non SAARC Countries: US$ 3300
Compulsory Course Units
- Program Design and Programming
- Computer Systems
- Database Systems
- Systems Analysis and Modeling
- Computer Networking
- Software Engineering
- Data and Network Security
- Agile Software Development
- IT Innovation
- Individual Project (Compulsory Course Unit)
Optional Course Units
- Project Management and Professional Issues in IT
- The Foundation of e-Learning
- Data Mining and Warehousing
- User Interface Design
- Mobile Computing
- Software Quality Assurance
- IT Strategy and Policy
- Business Statistics and Operational Research
- e-Business Applications and Technologies
It is hereby informed that the above information is only for general information and is not for official purposes. Any information contained herein shall be confirmed by reference to the relevant authority.