UCSC collaborate with the local industry and universities locally and internationally for research & development activities. Some of our collaborators are identified below.
- Stockholm University, Sweden
- Department of Computer and Systems Sciences (DSV)
Staff Exchange / Placement
- NeLC: Sabbatical Placement at Stockholm -Â Dr. Gihan Wikramanayake (Sept-Dec 2008); Dr. D.D. Karunaratna (Feb-Aug 2010); Dr. K.P. Hewagamage.
- NeLC:Â Mrs. T. A. Weerasinghe; Mr. Hiran Ekanayake.
- HETC: Mr. Ranil Peiris & Ms. Uvasara Dissanayeke (2013)
- K.P. Hewagamage, Gihan N. Wikramanayake, T. A. Weerasinghe, Mozelius Peter, Analysis and Development of Curriculum to Build the Foundation for eLearning Courses, in Proceedings of 2nd eLearning Africa (eLA) – International Conference on ICT for Development, Education and Training, Nairobi: May, 2007, pp. 63 – 65.
- Thushani A. Weerasinghe, R. Romberg, K. P. Hewgamage,Â Design of an Online Learning Environment for Distance Learning, International Journal of Instructional Technology and Distance Learning, vol.6, no. 3. March 2009
- Weerasinghe T A, Ramberg R, K.P. Hewagamage, Learners’ Satisfaction, Learning Style Preferences and Effective Use of an OLE , in THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL ON EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES IN LEARNING, Vol. 6. ISSN 1550-6908, Mar, 2009.
- K. Larsson, A. Andersson, Gihan N. Wikramanayake, H. Hansson, L. Glimbert, T.A. Weerasinghe, (2009) Evaluation of didactics from a cross cultural perspective: The eBIT project: online education in Sri Lanka, in 23rd ICDE World Conference on Open Learning and Distance Education, Maastricht, The Netherlands: Jun, 2009.
- P. Mozelius, E. Hettiarachchi, K.P. Hewagamage, M. Hatakka, I. Balasooriya, D.D. Karunaratne, eNOSHA – Design and Development of a Learning Object Repository, in e Asia Conference, Colombo, Sri Lanka: Dec, 2009.
- T.A. Weerasinghe, R. Ramberg, K.P. Hewagamage, Guidelines to design successful online learning environments, in e-Asia, Dec, 2009, pp. 17.
- H.E.M.H.B. Ekanayake, P. Backlund, T. Ziemke, R. Ramberg, K.P. Hewagamage, Game Interaction State Graphs for Evaluation of User Engagement in Explorative and Experience-based Training Games, in roceedings of International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emgering Resions Conference (ICTer 2010), Colombo, Sri Lanka: Sep, 2010, pp. 40-44.
- Peter Mozelius, M A Kaleelur Rahuman, Gihan N. Wikramanayake, World Education Summit, One Year of One-to-one Computing in Sri Lanka â€“ The Impact on Formal Learning in Primary School Education, New Delhi, India: Jul, 2011.
- K.P. Hewagamage, Hakim Usoof, Gihan N. Wikramanayake, Brian Hudson, International Association of Computer Science & Information Technology, Designing e-Assessment in Massive Online Courses, in 5th International Conference on Distance Learning and Education (ICDLE 2011), Singapore: International Association of Technology, Education and Development (IATED), ISBN: 978-84-615-3324-4, Sep, 2011, pp. 16-22.
- Hiran Ekanayake, Per Backlund, Tom Ziemke, Robert Ramberg, K.P. Hewagamage, Assessing Performance Competence in Training Games, in Emo Games workshop of Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction, ACII2011, Memphis, USA: Oct, 2011.
- Peter Mozelius, Kalelur Rahuman, Gihan N. Wikramanayake, Two Years of One-to-one Computing in Sri Lanka â€“ The Impact on Formal and Informal Learning in Primary School Education, Ed. T. Bastiaens & G. Marks, Chesapeake, VA: AACE: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2012, Oct, 2012, pp. 1192-1201.
- Uvasara Dissanayeke, K.P. Hewagamage, Robert Ramberg, Gihan N. Wikramanayake, CEUR Workshop Proceedings 955, An Activity Theory Based Approach to Introduce mLearning in Agriculture, in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning, mLearn 2012, Ed. Marcus Specht, Mike Sharples, Jari Multisilta, Helsinki, Finland, October 16 -18: CEUR-WS, Oct, 2012, pp. 326-327.
- T.A. Weerasinghe, R. Ramberg, K.P. Hewagamage, Re-evaluation of community of inquiry model with its metacognitive presence construct, The International Journal on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions, vol. 5, (4), 2012.
Uvasara Dissanayeke, K.P. Hewagamage, Robert Ramberg, Gihan N. Wikramanayake, Twitter in mLearning: Enhancing Agriculture Knowledge Among a Group of young Farmers in Kandy District, Sri Lanka, Dec, 2012, UCSC Symposium.
Colombage Peiris, K.P. Hewagamage, Henrik Hansson, Gihan N. Wikramanayake, International Association of Technology, Education and Development, An Analysis of Existing Issues in Research Project Initiation Stage: Information and Communication Technology Perspective, in 7th International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED), Valencia, Spain: Mar, 2013.
Dissanayeke, U., K.P. Hewagamage, Ramberg, R., Gihan N. Wikramanayake, Twitter Micro-Blogging Based Mobile Learning Approach to Enhance the Agriculture Education Process, in IADIS Mobile Learning 2013, 14â€“16 March, Lisbon, Portugal: Mar, 2013.
Staff Exchange / Placement
- Linnaeus Palme:Â Dr. Erik Billing; Dr. Anuja Dharmaratne;Â Leif Marklund; Dr. Nalin Ranasinghe
- Dr. Gihan Wikramanayake of UCSC (NeLC April’08-August’08) – Sabbatical Placement at IML, Umea
- Prof. Gihan Wikramanayake of UCSC
- Dr. K.P. Hewagamage of UCSC
- Dr. A.R. Weerasinghe of UCSC
- NeLC: Mr. Hakim Usoof
- Linnaeus Palme:Â Mr. Michael Mellquist; Mr. Cristoffer Carlberg; Mr.Â Yasanka Sameera Horawalavithana; Mr.Â Praneeth Nilanga Peiris.
- Hakim Usoof, Eva Lindgren,Â Sig Writing, Who is Who and Doing What in Distance Education? Authentication and Keystroke Dynamics, Jun, 2008.
- K.P. Hewagamage, Hakim Usoof, Gihan N. Wikramanayake, Brian Hudson,Â International Association of Computer Science & Information Technology, Designing e-Assessment in Massive Online Courses, inÂ 5th International Conference on Distance Learning and Education (ICDLE 2011), Singapore: International Association of Technology, Education and Development (IATED), ISBN: 978-84-615-3324-4, Sep, 2011, pp. 16-22.
- School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- Social Life Networks for the Middle PiramidÂ (2011 onwards) – Through this project following have already visited UCSC and continue to collaborate: Prof. Athula Ginige, University of Western Sydney, Australia; Prof. Ramesh Jain,University of California, Irvine, USA; Prof. Giuliana Vitiello and Prof. Genny Tortora, University of Salerno, Italy; Ms. Tamara Ginige, Australian Catholic University North Sydney, Australia.