The main purpose of establishing the External Degrees Centre and the three –year external degree programme, Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) is to widen the higher educational opportunities of the students who have been unsuccessful in meeting the competitive eligibility criteria for admission to the state university system.
Another reason has been the massive demand from the ICT industry for high quality human resources far exceeding the number provided by the state universities The BIT degree programme commenced in the year 2000 and has so far produced 801 graduates and almost all have been absorbed by the ICT industry. Minimum entry qualification for this programme is three passes in GCE Advanced Level Examination.
Senior Assistant Registrar
Ms. S.D. Chandralatha
Mr. L.P. Jayasinghe – BSc (Col)(Instructor Gr. I)
- Ms. J.K.D.I.K. Thilakaratne (Clerk)
- Mr. K.S.U. Kumara (Computer Application Assistant)
- Ms. G.H.P.I. De Silva (Computer Application Assistant)
- Ms. S.J. Samarasekara (Project Assistant)
- Mr. V.S. Fonseka (Multi Duty Assistant)
- Ms. P.K.G.P. Fernando (Multi Duty Assistant)
- Mr. H.A.S. Chathuranga (Multi Duty Assistant)
- Ms. R.P. Balasuriya (Graduate Project Officer)
- Ms.Nalisha Gajasinghe (Computer Application Assistant)
Conduct the Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) External degree Programme.
For more information contact,
Tel: 074-720511. Fax: 2682331