Linnaeus-Palme is a programme for teaching staff and students at university that aims to strengthen Swedish educational institutionsâ€™ cooperation with universities in developing countries in order to expand and increase global contacts within higher education. The Linnaeus-Palme programme aims to stimulate cooperation based on mutual benefit between higher education institutions in Sweden and developing countries. While the overall objective is to increase participantsâ€™ international awareness, each project should have a specific academic objective for its exchange. The intention is for mutual cooperation between higher education institutions to benefit participating countries in the long term and to form the basis for a broader partnership between them. Mutual benefit is central to the Linnaeus-Palme programme; the partners should be able to cooperate on an equal footing, despite the fact that there may be a considerable difference in their available resources.
UCSC collaborate with theÂ Department of Computing Science, UmeÃ¥ University and theÂ Interactive Media and Learning (IML), Department of Applied Educational Science, UmeÃ¥ University with respect to this programme.
Planning phase commenced with initial discussion meetingsÂ held in 2010 in Colombo and Umea.
Phase II (2011-12)
First staff exchange commenced in 2011.
- Dr. Nalin Ranasinghe of UCSC was at Dept. of Computer Science, Umea University, SwedenÂ during Nov-Dec 2012
- Mr. Leif Marklund of Department of Applied Educational Science, Umea University, SwedenÂ was at UCSC during Jan-Feb 2012 (Report)
- Dr. Anuja Dharmaratne of UCSC was at Department of Applied Educational Science,Â Umea University, SwedenÂ during Apr-May 2012
- Dr Erik Billing of Dept. of Computer Science, Umea University, Sweden during June-July 2012
- Dr. Ruvan Weerasinghe of UCSC was atÂ Â Dept. of Computer Science, Umea University, SwedenÂ during Nov-Dec 2013
Phase III (2012-13)
Staff exchange is expected to continue along with student exchange.
- Funding for the Department of Applied Educational Science to collaborate with the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka.SEK 30 826
- Funding for the Department of Computing Science to collaborate with the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka. SEK 244 426
- Mr. Michael Mellquist from UmeÃ¥ University with the UCSC for six months (Aug’13-?).
- Mr. Cristoffer Carlberg from UmeÃ¥ University Â with the UCSC for six monthsÂ (Aug’13-?).
- Mr. Yasanka Sameera Horawalavithana (CS/2009/10 Sept -) and Mr. Praneeth Nilanga Peiris at Umea.